Do you want to avoid the stress of project management?
Do you need a professional to keep a rein on build costs?
Are you FULLY health & safety compliant?
Strata Associates can look after the overall co-ordination and management of your building project(s), from new build dwellings to the renovation of listed buildings….
As you know, managing a build can be highly stressful. Whether you are a self-builder struggling with the burden of engaging professionals and contractors or a local building firm that needs on-site health & safety monitoring, you could reap dividends by working with Strata Associates. Our area of expertise for many clients has been construction management and we have helped a selection of people with a range budgets and requirements in providing a seamless service.
We can be responsible for overseeing the build process. Costs can spiral out of control unless they are rigidly monitored. Strata Associates director Bill Hatfield specialises in ensuring that projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Planning and phasing of development
- Feasibility studies where there are options
- Preparation of building schedules of works
- Budget costings and build contract documentation
Self-build project management services
‘Self-build housing’ is often cheaper, greener, more affordable and more innovatively designed than standard housing options. The UK Government is committed to increasing housing supply and affordability by making self-build housing a mainstream option. This will help more people achieve their aspirations of owning a home or upsizing. Councils are even being encouraged to reduce the financial burden for self-builders by waiving the requirement for the Community Infrastructure Levy (tax imposed by Councils on new build over a certain threshold).
Popular TV programmes such as Grand Designs reveal the headaches that self-builders encounter, for those who often have little experience of construction process. Professional project management is almost certainly the best way of constructing any building as it offers value for money and efficiency, delivering a streamlined building process at no extra cost to you, the client, over traditional methods. It also puts the control of that process firmly in your hands.
Strata Associates can offer individuals and building firms the complete project management service:
- Site Finding & Managing the Planning Process from design to implementation
- Project Planning; ensure your build is properly planned from beginning to end
- Feasibility – helping out at the early stages to ensure the project is financially viable, the site has no hidden unforeseen technical issues and, if so, offer practical solutions
- Save you money along the way; accurate costings need expert management to see that the project does not run away with costs and unexpected issues
- Tender Process – putting together a schedule of works is a crucial part of the project, devising a tender package with the right type of contract that covers all areas of the build process, including up-to-date health & safety compliance
- Reduce the Paperwork – manage your building control inspections and final certification
- Procurement – Strata Associates has the skills and experience to procure materials and labour at the best quality and price
- On-Site Management – ensure the project’s smooth running and deal with problems as they arise, including design changes, contractor disputes and cost over-runs, which can be minimised with careful management and budgetary control
“Strata Associates helped us with the process of converting our redundant into a holiday let. They helped with the planning, building regulations, schedule of works and contract documentation, and kept the job running smoothly throughout.“